Our Guest: Danielle Desir
In today’s episode, I am super excited to welcome Danielle Desir, as she provides some gems to the Girl Get Visible listeners. Danielle is an author, podcaster, and the founder of The Thought Card Podcast where she talks about travel and finance. She also is the founder of the Women of Color (WOC) Podcasters, which is a first of its kind community.
As entrepreneurs and business owners, we can be juggling finances, enjoying our personal life, building, maintaining and retaining our business community, while trying to increase our visibility. Danielle talks about her honest experience in handling each of these, while starting a podcast and authoring her very own books.
As Danielle, prepares for her third book and her third podcast tour, she reveals the secrets to getting people more invested in what you have to offer, while still enjoying what you do!
In this episode you will learn:
- How to build a successful community and spark a movement?
- How to shake the nerves away when thinking about starting a podcast?
- How to take your great content and make it resonate with your audience?
- How to expand your brand?
- Danielle’s experience doing 3 podcast tours and how they helped to grow her business while he was on break.
Let’s get visible!
Resources from the episode
- Women of Color Podcasters Insiders Membership: WOC is an inclusive community for women of color podcasters to connect, learn and share resources. If you go to the link here https://wocpodcasters.thinkific.com/ , you will get 50% of your first month with the code “girl get visible”.
- Freebie – Resource Library: https://the-thought-card.ck.page/ce01db9fa8
- Book: The Dip by Seth Godin – Illustrates the concept of “the dip” – a temporary setback that can be overcome with persistence.
- Book: Invisible Selling Machine by Ryan Deiss – A book that walks you through 5 phases of the prospect/customer lifestyle and shows how each step can be automated to convert strangers into ultimately fans.
Getting to know more about Danielle
Danielle Desir is an author, podcaster and founder of The Thought Card, an affordable travel and personal finance blog and podcast empowering financially savvy travelers to make informed financial decisions – travel more, pay off debt and build wealth. Danielle paid off $63,000 of student loan debt in 4 years and purchased her first home at the age of 27. She has traveled to 27 countries and 4 continents, and strongly believes in not letting your financial responsibilities hold you back from pursuing your dreams. She is also the founder of WOC (Women of Color) Podcasters, the first community of its kind dedicated to supporting and amplifying the voices of women of color podcasters.
Please check out her sites:
Website – https://thoughtcard.com/
Podcast – https://podcast.thoughtcard.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/thethoughtcard/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/thethoughtcard/
WOC Podcasters – https://wocpodcasters.co/